Monday, June 9, 2014

Each day you live is a special occasion.

A friend opened the drawer of the dresser of his wife and pulled out a small package wrapped in silk paper that said: "This is not a simple package, is beautiful lingerie". Pull the paper wrapped and noted the exquisite silk and lace. She had bought 9 years ago on a special trip they made together. Never use the lingerie.

What i was saving for a "special occasion".

"Good," she thought - "then, I believe that this is the occasion". Approached the bed and placed the garment along with the other clothes that would lead to the funeral home. His wife had just died. AND turning toward me, told me: "Don't save anything for a special occasion: each day you live is a special occasion".

And today I am still thinking in these words: they have changed my life.

Now i read more and less clean. 
Now I am on the terrace and admire the view without just suck in the weeds from the garden. 
I spend more time with my family and friends and less time at work. 
I experiences to be enjoyed, not to survive. 
No longer saved nothing. Use my crystal glasses every day. 
I pull on my new coat to go to the supermarket, if I choose and i seems to me.
Not already saved my best perfume for special parties, i use every time I feel like doing so.   

I'm not sure what I would have done the wife of my friend if he had known that i wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take so lightly. I think that would have been called to their family and close friends. Who knows, at best, been called to some old friends to apologize and make peace by possible annoyances of the past. I like to think that he would have gone to eat chinese food, your favorite.

Those things are left undone, i would be angry if I knew that my hours are limited. Angry that leave to see good friends with whom I was going to contact "someday"… not angry because i wrote certain letters that I was thinking of writing "one of these days". Angry and sad because I didn't tell them to my brothers and my children often enough how much I love them.

Now I try to not slow down, stop, or save anything that would bring laughter and joy to our lives. And each morning I tell myself that this day is special, each hour, each minute… is special, unique and unrepeatable.

If you received this, it is because someone loves you and wanted to share it with you. Do not keep this thought for the day tomorrow. Now is a good time to share it with your friends and family. The time is now, not tomorrow. Now is better than "one of these days" in order to share the joy and motivation to enjoy life, that "one of these days" is very far or may not ever reach ...



     

Svetlana Ihnen Credits HERE

Ian Credits

Vest: DOZZE - Wastrel Leather Vest  NEW!!

Pants: [Pumpkin]Sweat pants(black leather)

Hair: ~Tableau Vivant~ Dreadlocks series - Monk Hair

Boots: Flite. -Navigator Low Rider Black

Necklace: ::GB::3Strand necklace

Bracelet: [MANDALA]SANKARA_Bracelet set_BLACK TMD

Glasses: RO - California - Sequoia - Container

Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Male - Relax

Ears: [MANDALA]TAPER_EARS